+ Discover What The Geeks Know That You May Not
- Start With Why: Live Your Childhood Dreams
- Start With Why: How Many Days Left To Live?
- The Simple Dollar: Regrets And How To Avoid Them
- Chris Guillebeau: What People Say At The End Of Life
- Eventual Millionaire: Lifestyle Design For Homemakers
- Return Of Kings: Riding The Tim Ferriss Wheel
- Milk The Pigeon: Manifesto - Page 28 & 29
- David Brooks: Eulogy Virtues
The World Is Hectic… Choose Design
“Dad, he always seemed to have time on his hands. After giving up teaching university students on his 50th birthday he was eternally available for a leisurely chat or to let me win at table tennis.”
“Tim and his father, they love each other. They have this incredibly close connection that evolves over the course of the film…”
"The sort of key moment in the movie is when it’s suddenly revealed that the whole lifestyle of the dad; that what seemed like a casual way of being is in fact an enormously deliberate choice. To live his life just in the texture of his family.” - Richard Curtis, Director, About Time
In the movie About Time the main character, Tim, has an extraordinary secret shared with him by his father. While real life doesn't involved the ability to travel back in time and retry the past, it does provide an equally powerful opportunity – the ability to be the architects of our future through pending decisions yet to be made. Lifestyle design doesn't have to be as radical as Tim Ferriss’ book The 4 Hour Workweek, but rather it is about designing your life instead of letting confounded societal expectations design it for you.