- Guide Books
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro with MEM Africa: As mentioned here. Tip: see if you qualify for early booking discount
- Expedition ship to Antarctica with Polar Cruises: As mentioned here. Tip: last minutes deals email Daniela at Ushuaia Turismo
- If you need a Visa and are unable to go to the consulate yourself use Visa HQ
- Read How To Teach English Overseas written by Nomadic Matt: as mentioned in Best Places To Teach English Overseas
Luggage Scale sales from Brad's Deals: 7/14/16
Camera sales from Brad's Deals: 7/13/16
Toiletry Bag sales from Brad's Deals: 7/13/16
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card: get 55,000 points (worth at least $687.5) after spending $4,000 in the first 90 days. Pro tip: make sure you add an authorized user to get the extra 5,000 points. The authorized user card will come to you in the mail and you can just retain it.
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus Credit Card: get 40,000 points (worth $400) after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days. Pro tip: this is the only card you can use purchase to a plane ticket with cash immediately and not have to wait to use the sign up bonus until after you reach the minimum spending requirements, although you do need to credit your new account the sign up bonus points in the form of a statement credit within 180 days of purchasing the plane ticket.
- Book lodging with Airbnb and we both each get $20
- When booking flights internationally, make sure to search Skyscanner before you buy. I have often seen them do a better job with finding international budget airlines.
- A second option for booking international flights that many people don't think about is Vayama. I have purchased international tickets from them before in the past.
Only a certifiable nerd curates the 3 most credible resources: Travel Resources and Travel Recommends
+ Discover What The Geeks Know That You May Not
- Travel Is Free: Resources
- Nomadic Matt: Travel Companies I Use & Travel Resources
- Frugal Travel Guy: Top 20 Online Travel Resources
- The Points Guy: 10 Online Tools To Bookmark
- Million Mile Secrets: Mile & Point Resources
- View From The Wing: 10 Indispensable Websites
- Frequent Miler: Complete Guide To Frequent Miler Resources
This topic has been written about in Travel Resources.
Disclaimer: Please regard editorial policy